Hamilton Family Vacation Summer, 2010

Hamilton Family Vacation Summer, 2010
While we actually did not take the Griswold Family Truckster, we did take our mini van.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zion National Park

Day 8....Zion National Park....I remember it back in '87. We decided to take a trail up to the lower falls (and "easy" trail) as we thought the kids would be OK with it...after a half mile, we got to the falls and instead of turning around and going back the way we came, we chose to go back on a "moderate" trail. The description of the trail was "not for people scared of heights". I myself, am not the greatest when it comes to heights....but this trail made my feet sweat! Poor Jacob, I had to let Michele hold his hand half way around as I had left hand print marks on his wrist I was gripping him so tight....and for my benefit, not his! When the path is 3-4 ft across with no guardrail and a straight drop of 100+ ft on one side and you are passing people going the other way, there is not much room for error! Everyone seemed to like it, including me, but man was I a little nervous as we started to decend from the canyon....trying to hold on to a 4yr old as we go down the trail on loose gravel with a deadly fall just awaiting a wrong move....whew. You will not find me rock climbing on Mt. Everest anytime soon.

No comments: