Hamilton Family Vacation Summer, 2010

Hamilton Family Vacation Summer, 2010
While we actually did not take the Griswold Family Truckster, we did take our mini van.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation from my Vacation


 

Some call me crazy, some call me mad…I call it just another day….

I had a meeting with Target (whose headquarters is 17 miles from my house in Maple Grove) in Miami on 7/19 that I could not get out of. This required me to fly from our vacation to Miami for a 30 minute meeting with Target. Why they would not meet with me in Minneapolis is beyond me but anyway…

Michele dropped me off at the Fresno airport on Sunday evening after our hike in the Sequoias. Before the airport, however, I stopped by a Marriott Courtyard (we were NOT staying at) close to the airport and sweet-talked the lady at the counter to give me a "courtesy room" so I could shower quickly….She wanted to charge me half price but I told her I was a Gold Elite member….she said as long as I didn't mess the bed up I could use it free of charge…so, as I showered, everyone, 1 by 1, came in to use the bathroom in my room that wasn't my room…but we left the bed untouched!

Anyway, after my shower, I hopped a plane and flew to Los Angeles, then LA to Atlanta on a red eye, then Atlanta to Miami and landed at 9:30am on Monday morning. I took a cab to the Doral Hotel in Miami, checked in at the conference lobby and then asked for another "courtesy room" where I could shower again because I did not have a room, just there for a quick meeting. Had the meeting at 2:00, caught a flight from Miami to Minneapolis (only had 30 minutes between flights or I would have gone home to mow the yard) and then Minneapolis to Sacramento where Michele and Sherri picked me up. We drove back to the Whiteford's in Modesto, CA, got in at 1am their time and then went to Mr. T's (local donut shop) to have a fresh maple bar … yum… long day for a 30 minute meeting.

6 airports, 5 segments on a plan and over 6000 miles in the air…all in 27 hours. Not doing that again.

No comments: